We love, love, love summer! For several years now we have found that hiking with kids throughout Colorado has been the best use of our Saturdays! We can go most places for only a day which makes these mini Colorado Adventures very economical! We always pack a lunch and grab dinner on the way home.
Here are the Top 5 Kid-Friendly Hikes in Colorado for 2018 (in no particular order 😉 )
- Hanging Lake
- One of the most photogenic places in all of Colorado!
- Located close to Glenwood Springs
- ALL of the information that you need to know when hiking with kids!
- Mount Falcon Park-Jefferson County Open Space
- Located just west of Denver
- Offers fantastic views of Downtown Denver and Red Rocks Amphitheater
- Seven Bridges Trail- North Cheyenne Cañon
- Located in North Cheyenne Cañon in Colorado Springs
- The kids have fun counting the bridges on this trail
- Garden of the Gods- Balanced Rock Trail
- Great for a cooler day or evening hike
- Located in Colorado Springs
- A must do for anyone who visits Garden of the Gods
- Rocky Mountain National Park-Grand Lake West Entrance
- Located in Grand Lake, CO
- These trails can be done year round
- Chances of seeing a moose are high! (So we hear… except we saw no moose!)
Everything that we write about is our own opinion and experience. PLEASE always check with the original source as exhibits, prices, location, terrain, hours, availability, etc., may have changed from when we went to current day 🙂